Sipping Cups of Inspiration Served One Cup at A Time
TODAY THE WORDS are I DON’T NEED MY PRESENTS WRAPPED
TODAY THE WORDS are I DON’T NEED MY PRESENTS WRAPPED. Sometimes, the topic for the blog comes out of nowhere but this one came about when Greg and I were discussing we had the presents wrapped or in gift bags as we always do. It is an inside family joke for everyone to save their bags as they will see them again next year. This got me to thinking because my most precious gifts I have ever received don’t need wrapping as I can see them clearly.I thought I would share my “favorite” things with all of you.
1) My daughter who came into my life and changed it forever for the better. She is such a joy for me to be called her Mom. Each call, each visit, each card, and each hug is so precious to me. No diamond on this earth can compare with her brilliance. I would not want her beauty to be hid under some wrapping paper as I love to see her beautiful blue eyes and her million dollar smile and nothing can compare with the “I love you bunches” from her on a text.
2) Even though my wonderful husband came later in my life; he has made up for lost time and made a woman who wondered if true love existed a true believer. We laugh, we cry together, we tease each other, and we can take whatever life throws at us because we know we will get through it together. He had me at hello; I never want to say goodbye. He is the head of our household and what I appreciate is he wants my input. Oh, he will argue and say I run the ship but he knows how much I value his “take charge” attitude. He didn’t ride in on a white horse but he certainly fits my Prince Charming and I know him; he would never agree to hide in a box so I love his strength; I love his caring self; and I love he will go to anyone’s rescue.
3) My sister is so precious to me. She is my link to our family which has shrunk. She is my link to my childhood. She is my friend and she is so beautiful to me. Now, I could see her letting me string her up with ribbons so we could laugh together but I had rather just stick a bow on her head and giggle together but I would want to see her face. Her family is my family. Her husband is my “brother” instead of an in-law. Her children have always been more to me than niece and nephew. No, I want her out where I can see her and say to her how much I love her and her family.
4) My extended family, and I say kidding, have been extending into a great family. I have been blessed to add two sons to my list of children and I know I am their step mom and they have a good mom but they seem like mine in so many ways. Both of the sons have given us six wonderful grandsons and let me assure you; they would never stay still long enough to wrap them. Each one of them bring us so much joy and individuality. Both sons are blessed to have loving young ladies by their side and all in all, it may be a little rowdy when we get together but I wouldn’t want it any other way. My extended family has added a sister and brother who I have grown to love them as they are now my family. Family is so important and my immediate family has shrunk but God favored me and made my family larger in so many ways and I thank Him.
5) My relatives and friends are too plentiful to fit in any container except my heart. I love all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and some who may not be blood relatives but have come to be dear to me. I have been blessed to re-connect with so many classmates and friends from years ago. I feel they are like added ornaments to our family tree and fill in the missing spaces.
6) Our little pets, Bandit and Buster, who show us unconditional love and mischief. They provide us with stories and adventures to talk about without judging us. I might want to put Buster in a box to keep him out of trouble but I couldn’t do without him. Bandit is that comforting, quiet, sweet dog but Buster keeps us laughing and running while Bandit gives.
Now for the deeper thought…..When I think about my precious gifts, I have to be thankful with all of my heart for the Giver of All Gifts and Blessings……Our God; Our Creator; Our Higher Power; and The One who Gave Us the reason we celebrate Christmas as He loved Us So Much He Gave His Only Begotten Son so we can live. No gift is more precious than His Christmas Gift to Us. DAILY FEATURED BIBLE VERSE:
A blogger since 2012, a published author of two Five Star romance novels, A MISTRESS, A WIFE and TELL ME LIES; LOVE ME STILL and RIDDLE ME THIS, LOVE OR BLISS. Still a small town girl with a lot of experience of people watching.
View all posts by sippingcupsofinspiration