TODAY THE WORDS are WORK IT; WORK IT! I feel a lot of you may have gone to the more popular slang phrase. This phrase will come into play but we will work it in a different direction too. First let’s see what the slang dictionary defines WORK IT!
- a phrase of encouragement or a compliment to a person engaging in some activity. The activity that prompts a call of “Work it!” is usually physical, e.g. dancing, walking, etc.
- If you want to succeed in obtaining an education, it takes a serious determination to adequately set aside enough hours to achieve good or great grades. This requires giving up personal time with friends, social events, fun events, etc.
- If you want to get healthier, it requires a lot of “working it” by adding exercise, proper preparation of healthy foods, studying nutritional information to gain wisdom of what is proper nutrition, and to be determined in reaching goals of health and/or weight. It pays to learn it is not only obese persons who may be nutritionally malnourished.
- If you have a talent; that is great but this is another area you have to “work it.” To be blessed with a talent is a great blessing but to avoid “working it” is a waste of a great blessing. If you have been given the gift of writing, singing, drawing and/or painting, sculpting, cooking and/or baking, speaking, networking, scholarly talents such as teaching, etc. what are you daily exercising these talents to obtain recognition for your talents. I am not talking about fame and fortune but daily contributions to bringing your talents to the forefront of your life.
- If you have a calling, a goal, a drive, or a determination such as charity, volunteering, mission seeking, etc. you will have to “work it ” out with your life. All people do not receive this special calling and it will take the most sacrifice and willingness to uproot your lifestyle and give it your all.