ACQUISITION IS THE PERCEPTION OF THE RECEPTION. This morning this thought came to my mind at about 5 am. Crazy, to be thinking this deeply at this hour. It is Saturday and why am I not sleeping. I thought I would share this thought as it seemed relevant to many things in our lives. Not only in material acquisition but I think you will see how it overlaps into all phases of our human existence.
“Saturday Morning Thought: Acquisition is the Perception of the Reception. When we bought the breakfast nook table (good as new) we were so excited to acquire it as it met our needs. My thought is the young couple’s perception who bought the one I had bought in 1984 was as excited to buy ours. This made me think when one acquires anything, it is the perception of getting whatever is received. We are older but most of us can remember when we acquired our “first” of anything and the thought of that reception of our “perception” of how great it felt.
Have a great day and get as much love as you can acquire and you will will realize it is not the bigness of the object but the big feeling you get inside when you perceive it to be a wonderful gift.”
Let’s take the three words with their Google definition to put my thoughts into “perception”.
noun: acquisition; plural noun: acquisitions
- an asset or object bought or obtained, typically by a library or museum
- the learning or developing of a skill, habit, or quality.“the acquisition of management skills”
noun: perception; plural noun: perceptions
- the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.”the normal limits to human perception”
- the state of being or process of becoming aware of something through the senses.“the perception of pain
noun: reception; plural noun: receptions
- the action or process of receiving something sent, given, or inflicted.“the reception of impulses from other neurons”
- the way in which a person or group of people reacts to someone or something.
- the receiving of broadcast signals.
- the action of admitting someone to a place, group, or institution or the process of being admitted.
- an act of catching the ball. (FOOTBALL)
- a formal social occasion held to welcome someone or to celebrate a particular event.
- “a wedding reception”
In my summarization, whatever we acquire and receive in life, it depends on our perception and response. During our lifetime, we acquire and receive a lot of things, not necessarily material composition but also emotional acquisitions. We hear and receive good and bad news; good and bad information; good and bad relationships; good and bad financial states; and good and bad experiences in friendships, faith, love, and business. It is a process of receiving and acquiring life lessons and the outcome will depend on how we perceive these lessons. Let’s go to something I am involved at this time; healthy eating. I acquired Diabetes 2 a couple of years ago; I received the news I had to change my eating and lifestyle. Here is the kicker: I could have perceived this change in a couple of ways:
- I could have done the “whoa is me” and felt pity. Why me? I have dieted all my life.
- I could have decided to “not care” and continued to live as before in denial of all of the deadly consequences of my my decision not to change.
- I could have and did make a conscious decision to change in a positive way with a positive attitude.
Deeper thought: In life, we are also given the choice to live a good and healthy spiritual life. (Receive). Through thought, meditation, and prayer we acquire a desire to live in a positive way. (Acquire) and if we accept Our God to be our guide throughout with a great spiritual demeanor, we live significantly happier and peaceful. (It truly is how we Perceive)
Featured Bible Verse: