UPDATE: In this popular post, I have listed grilled cheese as one of the creations that is wonderful in a power oven. The other night, I wanted a grilled cheese and thought, Girl, you posted about using the power oven, so do it. The grilled cheese turned out the best grilled cheese I have eaten. I thought maybe some of you were like me and hesitant to try it. You will love the crunch, and the way the cheese melts perfectly. Now, I speak with Power Oven wisdom. What I wanted to ask my readers is “Do you use your power oven a lot?” I have pinned a lot of Power Oven Recipes on my board and here is the link to see even more great recipes so you can take Power to the Power Oven as I have learned to do:
One of the most popular posts I have published has been the Power Up with Power Oven and has been liked almost as many as the most popular one Haste Makes Waste. I find that comparably humorous because the Power Air Oven saves so much time in a short amount of time. I thought I would share some good recipes again and hopefully encourage more of you to expand your usage of this wonderful “appliance”.
Power AirFryer OvenRecipe Type: SeafoodServings 4Ingredients1 can coconut milk
15 ounce Pineapple juice
3 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 tablespoon rum
1.25 pound sea scallops
2 cup pineapple cubed
0.5 cup coconut flakes
1 papaya diced
1 avocado diced
1 Red onion diced
1 lime squeezed
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0.25 teaspoon black pepper
0.25 teaspoon salt
0.25 cup cilantro
- Combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, sea salt and rum in a large bowl.
- Soak the sea scallops in the mixture.
- Combine ingredients for salsa and set aside.
- Assemble skewers alternating the scallops and pineapple chunks.
- Place skewers into rotisserie holder.
- Place into Power AirFryer Oven. Set time for 10 min. Set temperature for 400 degrees. Press the rotisserie button.
- Serve with salsa.
This recipe is not your average yumminess recipe but almost a decadent dish. Does this give you ideas on how to think outside the Power Air Fryer Oven “box”? Let’s see what else is on the menu that we haven’t thought about using our Power Air Fryer Oven.
Pork Milanese with Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Pork MilaneseRecipe Type: PorkServings 4Ingredients2 eggs, beaten
1.5 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
4 thin-sliced boneless pork chops
4 ounce cream cheese
0.5 cup sour cream
1.5 cup baby spinach, chopped
0.5 teaspoon Garlic powder
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.25 teaspoon pepper
4 medium-sized Portobello caps
0.5 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. Set up a dredging station with the egg and breadcrumb. 2. Dip the pork chops into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs to coat. 3. Place the pork onto a Power Air Fryer Oven tray. 4. Cook at 370 for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. For Mushrooms 1. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix to combine. 2. Remove the stalk from the mushrooms. 3. Fill the cavities with the cheese filling. 4. Top with the mozzarella. 5. Place the mushroom caps onto a Power Air Fryer Oven tray. 6. Bake at 370 for 12 minutes.
For those who do not eat pork, you can substitute chicken or turkey in this recipe for an alternate yummy to the tummy dish. I have one dear friend who has not used her regular oven since she was convinced to try cooking in Power Air Fryer Oven. That endorsement speaks and eats for itself.
White PizzaRecipe Type: PizzaServings 1Ingredients1 pizza dough, thin crust
2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
9 slice fresh mozzarella
0.25 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roll the pizza dough onto an Air Flow Rack. Place into the AirFryer Oven.
- Press the French Fry Button. Decrease the Timer to 10 minutes to begin cooking cycle. Flip the crust over after 5 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the AirFryer Oven.
- Top the crust with ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Return to the AirFryer Oven.
- Press the French Fry Button. Decrease the Timer to 5-6 minutes to begin cooking cycle.
I think you are beginning to see it is not a quickie warmie toaster and can actually replace most of the time we have used heating a large oven when this Power Air Fryer Oven can replace healthily the frying pan, the rotisserie, dehydrator, toaster. Speaking of toaster, this appliance can put the hurt in a grilled cheese sandwich making the best, crispiest, cheesiest grilled cheese you can put into your mouth.
AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 2 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Try making a grilled cheese using the air fryer for an incredibly delicious crust with a satisfying gooey cheesy middle.
2 pieces bread
2 slices cheese (I used Colby-Jack)
1 teaspoon melted butter
Brought to you by Hip2Save.
1 Butter both sides of bread using a kitchen brush.
2 Place cheese in the middle and set inside the air fryer.
3 Set timer for 4 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip sandwich and set cook time for an additional 4 minutes, or until desired.
I actually saw on an infomercial to use mozzarella sticks instead of sliced cheese for the crunchiest cheesiest grilled cheese sandwich made in the Power Air Fryer Oven. Hmmm???? Here is my Pinterest board for Power AirFryer again in case you missed it.
Let’s power up by Power Air Frying by trying new dishes and expanding how useful and tasty this unique and healthier way to eat. Try it; You May Like It.
(C) Copyright 2012-2020 Arline Miller on content written in Sipping Cups of Inspiration with all third party material sourced with links if known for credit reference including photos.