I can make a Pimento Cheese Sandwich from the deli type and enjoy it but nothing is better than a portion of homemade pimento cheese on a buttery cracker or some toasted bread splashed with the “real stuff” as I like to call it. I will walk you through my simple method of how I make this dish that if properly stored will last a long time in the refrigerator….but I never have to worry about it staying around very long. Tasty!
I am not creating a video until I make this dish and then I will include the way I make a grilled pimento cheese on Rye bread and White Bread in the Air Fryer Oven to demonstrate how crispy and crunchy it makes the sandwich.
Here are some tips I use while making the pimento cheese:
- I use my small chopper and place any of my ingredients that require grating. It is a lot easier, less mess, and I can see how much I am creating in volume.
- Pimentos can be chopped using this method in a few seconds and you avoid having large pieces in the pimento cheese mixture. The juice also blends into the mixture adding more flavor.
- Using a variety of cheeses makes this dish an incredible blend and all of the cheese blend together creating a mixture of delightful flavors. Pimento cheese can be made with any one of these cheeses but combining all of them makes this cheese unique.
- I use a combo of Hot Spicy Paprika and Smoked Paprika. Either will work but I love both so I half the flavors.
- Pimento Cheese can be made with mayo or yogurt only, but for the best blend, use all three, sour cream, mayo, and yogurt and you will notice the difference.
- Don’t forget the sugar, but if you are watching sugar, try Stevia or another sugar substitute. I use regular sugar and I love the small amount of sweetness with all of the seasonings but you can avoid putting any sugar into this dish.
I hope you will try my Pimento Cheese Recipe and send me feedback with any changes and/or additions you like in your Pimento Cheese. I have seen nuts, peppers, other cheeses, so I would love to hear from all of the fine cooks out there. Kitchens are great therapy sessions and stirring and mixing are good spurts of energy.
Happy Meals to You until We Cook Again…..Reinvention Queen, Arline Miller
(C) Copyright 2012-2021 Arline Miller of Sipping Cups of Inspiration with all rights and privileges reserved. Third party material, if source is known, will be stated for credit reference.