Today, I want to share some thoughts on finding great recipes online from several good sources with instructions and even a grocery list of ingredients. Once I review the ingredients, I may substitute an item but normally I make the recipe as closely as the suggested recipe. Now the second time I make it, I will make the recipe my own as seasonings and/or spices are very important. This recipe I made it exactly the way the recipe called for and it was a hit. After I share the recipe and process, I will give you my thoughts on how I would adapt it slightly. On Social Media platforms, there are many sources and I am not advertising for any specific one. Recipes I want to try, I save on Pinterest but if I am going to try one in the next few days, I will post and save to my FB page. I am a super fan of Brenda Gantt’s southern cooking and baking but I always write down her recipes as she uses videos (not complaining as I love her personality as well as her cooking.
You can download or go directly to this recipe on 12 tomatoes :
Pecan Cream Pie
Pecan Cream Pie
Makes 1 pie 15m prep time 2h cook time
1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups pecans, nely chopped 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Blind bake crust according to package directions. Let cool completely while you make the lling.
- 2 In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until sti peaks form.
- 3 In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, salt, and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
- 4 Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Gently stir in 1 cup of the pecans.
- 5 Spread mixture into cooled pie crust and top with remaining pecans. Chill until rm, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 6 Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Together as a Family. [https://togetherasfamily.com/pecan-cream-pie/]
© 2021 and GreaterGood Greater Good Charities
Great Life Publishing
As a baker/cook, I love to share recipes and give my thoughts on the ones I have personally cooked and/or baked. On this delicious recipe, here are my thoughts:
- I found this recipe to be quite easy to follow and the ingredients were pantry items with only a few that might have to be purchased.
- I chose to chop my pecans less fine than the photos showed and loved the crunch among the smoothness of the rich pie.
- Small slices are a good idea as this pie is a rich, rich pie so a little goes a long way.
- I think this pie can be stored easily but I froze some sections for sharing to my family. It slices easily too.
- The next time I may play with the sweet ingredients to cut the sweetness a little. However, if you like the decadent dessert, this is it.
- I would brown my crust slightly more like their photo shows, but my crust was baked but it didn’t brown enough at the end of the suggested time.
- I would give this pie an exceptional rating for taste and ease of making.
Note from me, Arline Miller: I loved making this pie but I don’t recommend this to people who are diabetic (which is obvious) but even people who are watching calories/sugars/carbs unless this is your cheat day and you want to taste a slice of heaven.
(C) Copyright 2012-2021 Arline Miller of Sipping Cups of Inspiration with all rights and privileges. Third party material is used with source of origination furnished for credit reference if known. Photos are not necessarily property of Sipping Cups of Inspiration and also sourced if original location is known.
3 thoughts on “Reinvention Queen Uses Online Recipes/ Cream Pecan Pie”
This recipe looks really good! 😋
Oh, it is dynamite and if you like rich pie, this is a great one. Thanks for your comment.
I like rich pie but I seldom eat it. I don’t make it or buy it from the store. This I would definitely eat if someone offered it to me 🤗 Also, I think my husband may be allergic to pecans.