Yesterday’s post was focused on reinventing Chicken and Rice by making it easier and tastier with fresh herbs. I cooked extra chicken breasts as I often do to make another dish easily. I made the best chicken salad I have made using the cooked chicken and some handy ingredients. Take a look and see if you would like to try this easy to prepare, fresh tasting, and assembled in just a few minutes:
Arline’s Reinvented Chicken Salad
- 4 Chicken Breasts chopped into large bite size pieces (saved from cooking the day before or follow instructions for cooking on yesterday’s Chicken and Rice post.
- Sweet pickles (I didn’t measure but maybe 10-15 chopped pickles and you can certainly adjust according to your personal taste or even use dill pickles)
- 1/2 sweet onion with 2 cut celery stalks placed in food chopper until chopped fine. (I learned to place my accessory taste ingredients in the mini processor for better blending and no big chunks)
- 1 pkg. Salad Toppers (variety of nuts, seeds, and fruits so use your imagination but I used the Glazed Pecans, cranberries, and Sunflower Seeds this time but any of the varieties are yummy.
- Pickle juice approximately 1-2 T. poured in and mixed with chicken and other ingredients (I use this ingredient to cut down on mayo to bind ingredients)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup of Mayo (use whatever brand you prefer)
- I combined seasonings like garlic salt, onion salt, Charlie’s Choice Seasonings, and pepper. Small amounts of each and then splashed a couple of Hot Sauce. You can decide what seasonings and how much you like.
- Mix everything together and allow the flavors to mellow together in the refrigerator.
- Remember, I love to experiment with herbs so I added fresh herbs to my chicken salad. Dill, parsley, chives, and a hit of rosemary were added, but this is where you find your preferred flavors and go with them. It’s up to you or leave them off. More mayo if you like creamy salad because you can.
My goal is to show others how to think ahead and use dishes in a variety of ways. In other words, reinvent food and prep, prep, prep! Have fun while making great meals the simple easy way. Until We Cook Again….Happy Meals….Reinvention Queen Arline Miller.
(C) Copyright 2012 – 2021 Arline Miller of Sipping Cups of Inspiration with all rights and privileges reserved. Third Party Material if used and source is known, is given for credit reference.