I will say that I have cooked and baked my fair share of food especially since we both work from home. I can prep before I go back to my office and not have to worry about lunch and even dinner. This past week, I made country short ribs in the InstaPot. Once I pulled the ribs out to broil in the oven for 5 minutes, I looked at the broth. I had a package of frozen chicken thighs and wondered why not? I will confess my husband was a little hesitant when he heard me say I was going to cook the thighs in that broth, but later he admitted he was skeptical but the thighs were delicious and tasted the chicken. I thought I would share some recipes for both processes. Some of you may only have one of these time savers but would like the recipes.
InstaPot Country Ribs and/or Chicken Thighs (notes in bold are my changes) Original recipe is courtesy of saltymarshmallow.com
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs – These Instant Pot Country Style Ribs are so tender and flavorful! They start with a simple dry rub, are smothered in bbq sauce, and cooked up in your Instant Pot pressure cooker for a delicious and easy meal!CourseMain CourseCuisineAmericanPrep Time5 minutesCook Time45 minutesTotal Time50 minutesServings4Calories273kcalAuthorNichole
- 3 Pounds Country Style Pork Ribs (can used chicken thighs)
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar (1/3 cup used)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Pepper, Cumin. (I used a Sweet Preachers dry rub in place of all the separate seasonings except Salt and Pepper)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, Optional
- 3/4 Cup Beef Broth, Water can be substituted (used chicken broth)
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce, Plus more for serving
- 3 splashes Liquid Smoke
- 1 large red onion sliced and placed on rack in bottom of InstaPot
- In a small bowl mix together the dry rub ingredients until well combined. Spread the dry rub evenly on both sides of the ribs and massage into the meat.
- Pour the beef broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add the ribs to the Instant Pot and pour over the BBQ sauce.
- Lock the lid on the pressure cooker. Cook on manual, high pressure, for 45 minutes. After cooking is finished, use the natural release method. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ribs and serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce as desired!
AIR FRYER – TWICE BAKED POTATOES
I find a lot of recipes for the InstaPot and the Air Fryer. My next venture is Pork Tenderloin so I do what good cooks do is I will research both methods and seasonings and then what I love DO MY OWN THING! I will post as I move through more testing on my Power XL AirFryer Grill Oven 7 in 1 that so far I love it. Easy to use, to clean up, and I can broil, bake, air fry, grill, sear, and toast. It’s ideal to reheat and when you can make pizza too, it is a GO! Feel free to click on the ads on here to go to the original site for more information.
(C) Copyright, 2012-2022 Arline Miller of Sipping Cups of Inspiration and Reinvention Queen with all rights and privileges reserved. Third party material is sourced to original location/author for credit reference.